Position: Field Service Manager
The Lift Truck Professionals Since 1930
Ryder Material Handling – a Part of Crown Lift Trucks is the premier material handling dealer in Canada. The Company has been a leader in the industry for the past 80 years and is considered a one stop shop for all a company’s material handling needs. Ryder operates 14 full-service branches in both Ontario and Quebec offering complete service solutions including maintenance programs, parts supply, as well as operator training.
This position is responsible for managing all service functions including maintaining customer relationships and new business opportunities within the field. This position assists in troubleshooting, skill development and improving overall contributions of technicians within the field. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
- Maintains contact with existing and potential customers at the users location.
- Prepares customer service quotes and obtains approval.
- Actively pursues new business, makes service presentations and follows up on new leads.
- Collaborates with other branch personnel on customer retention and acquisition strategies.
- Provides customers with maintenance reports and other reports as requested.
- Liaises with customers to resolve issues and complaints.
- Direct and manage technicians assigned to the field.
- Oversee inspections, diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of lift trucks.
- Oversee the technicians in Safe Operating Procedures for servicing and operating lift trucks.
- Review technicians paperwork and other administrative duties
- Participate in interviewing new technicians
- Participate in performance management process of technicians
- Coordinate and follow up on factory requests
- Provides assistance and support as required for all activities and functions as assigned by the Branch Manager.
KNOW HOW & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Possess 5 years experience as a Road/Shop Technician or equivalent
- Has the ability to lead a group of individuals
- Demonstrated customer relations ability
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A safety focused and a self-starter who takes pride in a job well done
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and has a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical and above average reasoning skills